It is a health and educational discipline dealing evaluate, diagnose and treat problems caused by disorders that affect swallowing, language, speech, the voice and creep, whether it's a developmental disorder or acquired.
The speech therapist is the professional who is responsible for assessing, diagnose and treat problems caused by disorders that affect swallowing, language (comprehension and oral and written expression) and non-verbal communication, speech, the voice and creep , both when it comes to disorders of development as when it's acquired disorders.
- Voice alterations
- Communication by auditory deficit problems
- Alterations of speech
- Difficulties in reading and writing
- Swallowing disorders
- Loss of the ability to communicate
IF YOU WOULD LIKE?
- Individualized treatment
- Interdisciplinary monitoring (Team Area Otomedic)
- Multidisciplinary follow-up (other professionals involved in the case)
- Regular coordination with the families